Monday, January 13, 2014

Something Yellow

January 11th
Three yellow things that strike you as a fresh memory
So, I don't have three things... Honestly, I kind of forgot to look at the joy for this day and therefore wasn't looking for yellow things. But, it's one of my favorite colors (along with purple and orange...though not all shades of orange, just the burnt variety :)) so I naturally flock to it.

BUT I do have a joy for Saturday! I feel re-energized. I tried out a new gym this weekend that I'm super excited about. I've been going to the Y for a while (don't really remember how many years) and after moving this spring, I pretty much changed locations as the previous one is not in my stomping grounds. Through this new location, I found a dance instructor who is downright awesome! She's way better than the previous lady I enjoyed, and has a contagiously cheery and positive attitude. It was an answer to prayer as, when my first zumba instructor quit, I was nervous I wouldn't find another class as the others at that Y were not the best and, to be honest, I didn't have much experience with zumba since she was the first one I'd ever had. Well, Brandi kicks tail. There are some ironic things about this that I don't think I should share here, but makes me question more about my first instructor.

Anyway, Brandi only teaches one day at the new Y and there are only two other days with dance classes that could fit in my schedule. One is 6pm on Mondays which is REALLY hard for me with work. So I'd often just go to Brandi's class and Saturday and, while the Saturday instructor is so sweet and a good dancer herself, I don't connect with the choreography. Brandi mentioned that she teaches at another location that's actually closer to my office and new apartment so I decided to check it out. I went to her class on Saturday and another instructor's class yesterday. It was awesome! They have five dance classes that fit in my schedule (not that I'll go to all five each week, but nice that I have more options if I have to miss one!) and a slew of other great classes. So, I'm going to switch gyms. :) And I feel super energized about this - this will be the year I hit goal weight. I am proclaiming that to myself!

January 12th
1. Something above you
It was a GORGEOUS day yesterday!! I love cold weather, but by January (since I don't love January) I'm 100% okay if it starts to warm up. I primarily like cold in the fall and Christmastime. Yesterday was such a gift and I took Crosby on a big long walk and then left the porch door open as I did my afternoon cleaning. It was lovely. 

2. Something below you
Last night I saw the movie Saving Mr. Banks (the screen was sort of below me...). It was so good! The story is beautiful and honestly, although I know parts are fictionalized, it made me love Mary Poppins even more. Which is saying a lot as that's one of my favorite Disney movies. There is a sadness to it, but there is a beauty and magic in the sadness. I have a lot of thoughts, but I'd highly recommend it. 

3. Something beside you
This fall I joined a new community group and it has been such a joy and gift. There are elements in the girls' stories that match mine and there are stories that don't. With both, there's a level of understanding and connectedness that is a huge blessing. I'm in a really good place right now, too, so am able to encourage others or see the potential for growth and freedom. I'm excited to see how God continues to work.