Monday, March 11, 2013

Fill Me Up

I learned of this song over the weekend and quickly downloaded it. The lyrics are few and seemingly simple, and yet there is a depth to it that stirs something deep. There is something about this song that makes you not want it to end. I don't know if it's the Spirit crying out or just my cry...or maybe both.

Here, try yourself. You don't need to watch the video necessarily, just listen to the song. The song I purchased is seven minutes, but this video is 17 minutes. If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, you can stop around seven minutes. Though I challenge you to listen to the whole thing. In both Haiti and Brazil, they sing worship WAY longer than we do in America and don't care if church runs super long. At first it was weird for me, but then something switches and you catch the beauty in it. The release from just worshipping and not being concerned with time. But if you don't want to listen to all 17 minutes, that is a-okay. :)

Here it is.



You provide the fire
I’ll provide the sacrifice
You provide the Spirit
And I will open up inside

Fill me up God
Fill me up God
Fill me up God
Fill me up

Love of God
Overflow
Permeate
All my soul