I figured I'd write-out some goals (or fun things I like) for 2013 more just so I can have a list to look back on for myself. But I first wanted to see how I succeeded in 2012... Here's what I said and the blue is how I performed.
1. Follow the Journey in 2012 (reading through the
New Testament) Nope. I think I quit pretty early and transitioned to something else. Oops...
2. Practice meditation on God’s truth without analyzing,
simply sitting still to “listen” I don't know how to measure this per say, but I'd say I grew in this area for sure
3. Focus on working through things with the
Lord first Most definitely grew here. Many things this year were worked through just God et moi
4. Increase practice of Scripture memory hmm...not sure I did this one
1. Achieve my goal weight!! sad face...nope
2. Successfully proceed
through the maintenance phase to achieve lifetime membership of WW (six weeks
maintaining +/- two pounds of my goal weight) double sad face...
3. Try new foods that I’ve been
afraid to attempt cooking I guess so. I cooked okra this summer!
4. Increase frequency of my yoga practice…added
goal: complete all chaturangas without dropping to my knees! And complete wheel
(backbend) from the floor as opposed to from three-legged dog SUCCESS! I can officially do wheel from the floor. Along with birds of paradise and crow. Next up: being able to hold all of them longer. Oh and I do most chaturangas without dropping, depending on how fast the teacher is flowing (i.e. I decide based on ensuring I have the space to ensure my abs are fully engaged)
in spin classes more frequently on non-zumba days for cardio Nope...decided I just don't like spin very much... Though I'm going to need to figure something out as my favorite (and most beneficial) zumba is no more... sad, sad, sad face
weight at Bodypump with the goal of toning (I don’t want to be big and muscular
:)) My back injury made this one null and void as I can't do bodypump...too much of it does not promote safe backs
1. Follow the cash system for food,
entertainment, and hobbies Um, probably half-and-half
2. Continue to work to increase savings and
pay-off debt Yep.
1. Focus on the
positive in myself and my circumstances I'd say yes, I've definitely grown in this.
2. Rest my mind more frequently (tied
to Scripture meditation and yoga, too) and this
3. Consider myself as someone
valuable, worth getting to know, and
interesting and this!
1. Write to my sponsored
child regularly eek...fail.
2. Expand my horizons with friends, reaching-out to people
including new possible friends Oh I for sure did with my fun zumba friends! Ugh, miss them...sad about my zumba world :(
3. Continue to get to know my new small group
girls (I hope to have new goals related to them as the year progresses, but am
still in the process of getting to know them) Yep
1. Finish knitting my first sweater! I did! Sadly, by the time I finished, I realized it's too big.
embroider something for me, which I have yet to do since receiving my machine
from my grandmother (everything has been given to others) Still haven't done this one
3. Work on a
project I have in mind for my niece :) I have no clue what I was referring to...
4. Drink more hot tea in pretty
teacups Sure? Not exactly quantifiable :)
5. Light more candles Definitely. Burned through several!
6. Read more than watching television I'm not sure. Realistically, I don't watch a ton of TV as I'm not home a lot so maybe?
Well, looks like I did pretty well in 2012 if I do say so myself! With that, here's 2013...I'll keep the same categories because, why not.
Spiritual (I added personal in here)
1. Get back into continuous time with the Lord
2. Be more consistent with attending church, even if it means sitting alone
3. Continue to increase Scripture memory practice
4. Continue to grow in working through things with the Lord first
5. Pray and journal more through the thing I prefer to avoid (nothing bad, just don't want to share this publically :))
1. Achieve the stinkin' goal weight!
2. Only eat at Whole Foods for lunch max, once a week
3. Continue to expand my yoga practice to more days per week
4. Find a cardio replacement for my favorite zumba...
1. Follow the cash system for food, entertainment, and hobbies
2. Continue to work to increase savings and pay-off debt
1. Really start writing my sponsored children more regularly...seriously...
2. Continue to expand my horizons with friends, reaching-out to people including new possible friends
3. Pray continually for ways that I can encourage others in whatever way God may have
1. Go to Paris!!
2. Read or reread select classics: Sun Also Rises, Farewell to Arms, Pride & Prejudice, Great Gatsby, Emma, Tale of Two Cities
3. Make a quilt
4. Meet my new nephew, Jameson Blair
5. Learn how to use my camera and develop some photography skills
I'm sure there are more I could add, but I'll stop there. Here's hoping I'm successful, whatever that means. :)