Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mr Darcy

This summer in Haiti my girls, Lauren, and I were talking about which fictional guy character in movies or books we'd want to date if they were real (bizarre, I know).

Hands down, Mr Darcy.

I just love Pride and Prejudice! It's also one book in which a movie is equally good (another is Little Women...the version with Wynona Ryder). I prefer the Keira Knightley version of P&P as the scenes are beautiful, the music is captivating, and I love how they cast everyone. And the Mr Darcy? Swoon worthy.

I also love You've Got Mail, the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks take on P&P. Books? Fall? New York? What's not to love?!? I haven't watched that one in a while...maybe I'll buy it as I don't have that one.

P&P is on TV now and I just had to stop for a few minutes. Best line?

You've bewitched me body and soul.

Enter swooning Sarah. :)