Sunday, July 29, 2012

Home from Haiti!

I got home from Haiti late last night! It was a bit of an adventure, including a three hour flight delay in which we spent 4+ hours in the Port-Au-Prince airport. Which is not like American airports and does not have anything to do...and I finished my book already...and only brought one... That experience actually made me start to maybe consider an e-reader if you can store books. We'll see. I like books.

Anyway, I'll write more on the week once I've had time to get back into the swing of things and process. In the meantime, I'm thankful for:

1. My comfy bed that is big, my feet fit on it, and I don't feel the metal bars holding up the 2" mattress!!

2. The ability to flush toilet paper

3. Taking a shower without shoes on and not having to turn the water off or worry about any accidentally getting into your mouth!

4. Brushing my teeth in the sink as opposed to spitting over the edge of the balcony and using my water bottle to clean off the toothbrush!

5. Air conditioning!

6. French coming back and the convos with Haitians in which they understood me and vice versa!!

It was a great week, and I truly am thankful for the above items (and more) as they are luxuries and are gifts from the Lord that I most certainly do not deserve.

Biggest lessons this week: power of prayer and the importance of giving thanks to the Lord for everything as everything is from him alone!

Till I have time (and mental space) to provide a more detailed update...

Au revoir mes amis!