Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Travel List

I've recently been thinking of writing a list of things to do in life. Well, when I sat down to start it, ALL of them were travel related. Ha! Not that there aren't things I want to do in non-travel life, but I suppose they weren't as big to warrant being put on a list.

Anyway, below is a very condensed list...as in I pretty much am game to go almost anywhere if it means the ability to experience something new, learn, and indulge in a new culture. So, here it goes! They're not really in any particular order, mostly.

1.   Go to Paris!
2.   Jump up and down in sheer delight in front of the Eiffel Tower
3.   Sit in a French cafĂ© and listen to people speak French
4.   Speak French IN France!
5.   Walk around Sacre Coeur, tracing the footsteps of the great artists
6.   Go to Normandy and stand on Normandy beach, reflecting on what occurred there for as long as I please
7.   Visit a French vineyard
8.   See Marseilles and pretend I'm like Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief
9.   Basically just travel all over France
10. Visit the Westminster Abbey and say “hands down, best abbey I ever saw”
11. Go to Greece and see everything I possibly can
12. Sail in the Mediterranean
13. Go on the Sound of Music tour in Austria and be ridiculously obnoxious with the singing and dancing..."I am sixteen going on seventeen..."
14. See Anne Frank’s house
15. Visit Auschwitz because it’s important
16. Travel around Israel and see the places Jesus walked, taught, and lived first-hand
17. Go to Poland…I have no idea why, but I want to go
18. See the home of Beethoven
19. Relish in the beauty of the Amalfi Coast
20. Dance around the windmills in Holland
21. Go to Oktoberfest in Germany
22. See the pyramids and sing “walk like an Egyptian”
23. Spend Christmas in Williamsburg again
24. Go on another white water rafting trip (more than a day trip) in honor of my Granddaddy
25. See Hawaii!
26. Visit New England during the fall and become extremely giddy with the colors, smells, season
27. Go to Rhode Island, the only state my great-grandparents didn’t see
28. See Alaska and obnoxiously call it Al-as-ka the whole time
29. Be outdoorsy in Seattle again (well, last time we weren’t so outdoorsy)
30. Hike up to Machu Picchu (do you hike up that?)
31. Go to Gettysburg and Mt. Vernon
32. See the Grand Illumination!
33. Salsa dance in some Latin country, preferably with a ridiculously cute Latin guy named Alejandro or Enrique or Carlos
34. Go on an African safari
35. See the Great Wall of China