Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kicking It...

...into high gear.

So, this week is insane. And of course that occurs on a week when I'm trying to kick it into high gear (explanation to follow momentarily). I think almost every minute of my day is planned with something until maybe Saturday afternoon, or maybe Sunday. These aren't bad things whatsoever, but just busy days! And work is pretty crazy, too.

This morning I was supposed to have a client meeting at 8am, but when I arrived, I found out it was cancelled. An hour back! Yay! :) I jump for joy because so far about 9 of my at-work hours this week have been in meetings. So, for all you mathies out there, I've been in meetings the equivalent of one of my two workdays. Phew. :)

So, what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

I've REALLY stunk it up in the healthy living world since about January. It started when I injured my back and has gone downhill since then. Not to the point of no return of course, but my eating hasn't been great nor has my gym-time (well, except for zumba :)).

I decided last week enough was enough and I should be at goal by now. After talking to a few gym friends, I discovered that it only cost an extra $7 a month to convert my Y membership to all Dallas Ys. I looked at several within different areas of Dallas I frequent and discovered that there are fun classes I can go to on days it's hard to go to my gym and/or I'm in that area of town for one reason or another! Including in Frisco for small group days! This is huge as I'm WAY better at motivating myself to go to a class than I am going at it alone. Some classes don't even require an ounce of motivation because I heart them, or the instructor.

Gym = covered.

Now food. Erg.

I have become way too lazy with the food arena. I pick things up at Whole Foods entirely too much which is not only unhealthy (their prepared section is not the healthiest), but also a waste of money! My problem is that I don't really enjoy cooking. Mostly because I don't enjoy eating the same thing for days, and it's kind of annoying that I have to shop, cook, clean, and eat for days on end. Oh the life of a single person. :)

But it's time to get over it. To accept that I don't have a personal chef (though that would be awfully nice!) and quit whining! Though the whining only happens in my head...but still!

So I decided to kick this healthy living thing back into high gear. To reestablish habits that have waned. I decided this on Saturday.

And then crazy week happened.

Darn you crazy! :)

Giving myself grace, but also not letting the crazy be an excuse. This is important to me and my health. Plus, life will always be crazy.

So, here's to kicking it into high gear and hopefully hitting goal weight by swimsuit season. Well, it's kind of almost that, so let's restructure. Here's to hopefully hitting goal weight by Memorial Day weekend!

Happy healthy living folks.