Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rut

I'm in a bit of a rut with the Lord. There are a lot of reasons and, if I'm really honest, it all rests on my stubborn shoulders.

Anyway, I was just perusing a few blogs while eating my extremely random lunch, and the idea from this one intrigued me.

If I'm honest, sometimes when I read the Sermon on the Mount, I feel a little overwhelmed. As a whole, it feels so heavy and rules-driven. While reading the entry and considering my previous feelings surrounding this sermon, I started wondering if taking it carefully, slowly, and allowing it to be written on my heart would open it up. Perhaps meditating and memorizing, as opposed to simply reading, would deepen my understanding of Jesus' words. I know they're important.

So, I'm going to try it out. She already did the work breaking the sermon into 52 weeks of memory, and made handy dandy cards that can be printed and inserted however I'd like.

I know it'll change me, for God's word always does. Can't wait to see how.