Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Then vs. Now

I've hit a plateau in my weight loss progress, mostly because I'm working to enjoy the holidays. I haven't gained much, but I haven't lost either. I was feeling a little discouraged as I had hoped to hit my goal by the end of the year, so instead of fretting, I decided to remind myself of how far I've come.

This picture was taken last Christmas. I've never shown it to anyone as I hated it. I felt so awful physically last fall and, after seeing this, even on the little display on my camera, decided change was necessary. Later that night I weighed myself at my parents' house and, while I wanted to cry, instead let it be a driving force for change. That "straw that broke the camel's back" sort of thing.

Fast forward eleven months to Thanksgiving. I'm still at roughly the same weight as Thanksgiving; I also wanted to compare to another picture with my hair back to be "fair." Down 45 lbs with about 10 to go.



Yes, I still have about 10 lbs to go, but I think I've covered a lot of ground in the last 11 months. And I'm thankful for the stamina, diligence (I'm not so good with the diligence sometimes), and newfound love of fitness and healthy eating.




And since I am close to goal, I'll share the reward I plan to give to myself. A pretty dress (most likely on sale) from Anthropologie. Surprised? :)