Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweatin' & SBux

How do these two things relate? Well, let me tell you...

I've decided I think I'm officially addicted to sweating. No, not the stand-outside-and-immediately-feel-drenched sweat, but the that-was-a-darn-good-workout sweat. WHAT?!

For those who may not know, this is WEIRD and if you had asked me a year ago, or sheesh, even six months ago!, if these words would come out of my mouth, I'd say you were delirious. And maybe ask what you were smoking (because for whatever reason that phrase crosses my lips a little too often...?).

Anyway, you see, I danced for nine years and don't think I broke a sweat much then. Sure, I played soccer some as a kid, but I think I quit when I was 9 or 10, so never got intense. Then I started swimming competitively and, while I know you do sweat in swimming, you don't feel it. When I stopped swimming, I hated going to the gym and getting all gross. It was certainly not a good feeling.

Well, after looking down at my yoga mat on Saturday morning realizing quite a bit of sweat had dripped off of me (yes gross...get over it :) and no I don't do hot yoga), and then finding my hair completely soaked after my subsequent zumba class (did you catch that? I did both classes again this week, yay!), I was excited. Weird, eh? Really it had nothing to do with loving to sweat, it was more loving the workout and pushing myself. And I can't believe I'm saying that!

Side note 1: I promise my ridiculous workout excitement in posts will subside eventually...well, maybe.

Side note 2: Holy cow can yoga make you sore in the weirdest places! But a good, deep sore. I'm definitely addicted to yoga! And thanks, Heather, for the tips with downward facing dog...my wrists haven't hurt since!! Now I just need to work on this sweating business so I don't fall on my face in poses like warrior 3...eek!

Now onto Starbucks.

I don't go to Starbucks super frequently anymore, and only every few weeks in the non-fall/Christmas season. But on occasion I'm either running late or feel the need for a second cup of coffee so swing into one by my office.

Last fall I was at the creamer station with this super cute guy. We talked for maybe two seconds about creamer (stimulating) and that was that. Since then, he's been in the Starbucks reading any time I've popped in and always smiles.

I always wonder how he has time to sit there all day, but then am thankful for the little smile from the cute guy. Though realistically he smiles at everyone, so I'm not extra special or anything.

Anyway, my roommate told me recently that I seem more confident with my steps toward healthy living. I'm not sure if I feel any more confident, but perhaps I'm exuding something? Or maybe just a sweaty glow...hahaha.

Katie is out-of-town and this morning I was a bad planner with packing my lunch and making breakfast so I completely forgot to turn on the coffee. I decided I'd just get coffee at Starbucks (in case you're super curious, I'm boring and just get the drip coffee when it's not fall or Christmas).

Cute guy wasn't there, but there was another ridiculously cute guy...probably cuter than other guy! He was sitting working on his computer and when I walked by, did the double take and smiled.

Now, I fully realize it's mostly because I was probably staring (he sort of looks Latin...) or he perhaps thought he saw someone he recognized. But, since I'll never know, today I like to pretend that I do seem more confident and what-have-you.

Feel free to now make fun of me. I'm cool with it. :)

And in other news, I made all new recipes for breakfast/lunch/dinner this week. Maybe a bad decision, but I'm sure it'll be fine. This morning's breakfast was overnight oats and banana muffins.

With the muffins, next time I'm going to use really ripe bananas as the one I used was a little green and therefore made the muffins a tad dry. Not sure what I was thinking as my Mema always used yellowy brown bananas for bread! Oh well.