Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sad - and not in the boo hoo way

"Sad" thing 1

I have shin splints. STINK! I thought I escaped their horridity when I embraced my hatred of running. But oh no, apparently they're a common injury for dancers.

No, I'm not a dancer, but I have added zumba to my repretoire of workouts. Stepping-up my zumba intensity has in turn created painful-to-the-touch shins.

In the meantime, I'll have to stay away from zumba until my shins are better. Thankfully I already couldn't go to this Saturday or Monday class. I'll just have to keep practicing on the yoga and spin front. Probably would help with zumba anyway!

If anyone has any tips to heal shin splints, let me know! It's been such a long time that I really don't remember...

"Sad" thing 2
I'm hooked to a book I've already read...TWICE!

Memorial Day I was itching for an instantly engaging book so, why not pick one up that I already know has that potential? No brainer, eh?

So now I've found myself hooked to the wizarding world of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. And yes, I've unintentionally stayed up until midnight the past two nights reading. A book that I already know how it ends. Wow. That's sort of sad...

Oh how I love Harry, Hogwarts, and it's marvelous ability to suck me into the magicalness. Still a little sad the whole shebang will soon be over come July. :(

So that's it. Shin splints and ridiculous addiction. Hmm...

PS my mom told me that I could be a zumba spokesperson. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...