Friday, April 8, 2011

Ma Niece La Princesse Morgan

Morgan Elisabeth arrived late last night! I was already deep in slumber land when my brother called with the news, but thankfully I was sleeping on my bad ear so heard my phone ring. She is 7lbs, 14oz and 21 inches long which, frankly, doesn't mean much to me. But I know people like stats. :) The above picture reminds me of one my parents have of my brother as a baby. Though apparently everyone says she looks like me. I don't really see it, but I think they're comparing to ma bebe photo and I don't remember what I looked like! I also was surprised by my emotional response when I learned she was here. I knew I'd be so excited, but I didn't expect to be wrecked so quickly for a baby. I like babies okay, but have always been more of a bigger kid person, when they start talking and interacting. However, when I saw her sweet face (even though it was just a picture), this feeling of intense, immediate love overwhelmed me. I spent a good portion of this morning praying over her and McKenzie, asking the Lord to save them. I know this will be a consistent prayer. And then, I know this probably sounds strange, given she's only 14 hours old, but today I've been giddy excited to one day bring McKenzie and Morgan to Paris!! McKenzie looooooves all things French just like me (maybe because of me?) and I plan to get Morgan equally excited about my favorite place I've never been. Someday I hope we have the opportunity to walk along the Champs Elysees, gaze upon Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower, manger les patisseries, and just enjoy the city! I fully plan to be fun Aunt Sarah to Morgan as I hope I am to McKenzie. Anyway, so thankful for this life, and prayerful God uses Morgan to glorify his name in magnificent ways. And I can't wait to meet her in May...it can't get here soon enough! Below are a few pictures thus far. I'm sure there will be many, many more. :)