Saturday, April 16, 2011

Celebration!

My goodness, God has been so good to me this week. Earlier I wrote about tough things happening and, since then I've hit two major milestones worth celebrating! For the first, I'll just say he's good and faithful. For the second...

Back in December I realized I was not feeling good about myself. My body hurt and ached and just was plain not good. I talked to my community and family and decided to restart weight watchers after Christmas. I did it years ago, but not with much success. I think part of it was because I was often eating to deal with other things I hadnt dealt with. Hence, celebrate recovery.

Well today I hit a big ww milestone...10%! I never hit that last time. I've now lost 20 pounds since Christmas! I still have a ways to go, but am thankful for this.

It's taken longer than I hoped, but I've learned a lot lately that God's timeline doesn't always match mine, but he most definitely teaches me a lot while I walk his. I've learned a lot these past few months about food, exercise, and how both can be used to honor the Lord!

Excited to keep walking this road. Would love to hit my goal weight by my 30th birthday, but okay if I don't.

Oh and ww is big on rewards with milestones. So today I'll finally use a gift card from Christmas to get some new TOMS that I've wanted. May seem like a strange reward, but I'd rather save for clothes... :)

Happy Saturday!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone