Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ecstatic

It hasn't even been 48 hours since I learned I was officially on the Haiti team this summer, and God has already used this impending trip to open a door for a conversation about him. I had a rep lunch today and she asked if I had any trips planned. I got to tell her about Haiti which led to a discussion about my church. She has a friend who also goes to my church and her family visited with them last year when their son was baptized. She had never been to a non-denominational church so we talked a little about that. Somehow the conversation then led to Joel Osteen (random, I know, she brought it up) and I had the opportunity to share where I didn't believe his theology lined-up with Scripture (see, it's good I've listened to his sometimes!).

No, it wasn't a full gospel presentation, but it was a door. And it started because of Haiti.

Praise God! I can't wait to see how many other conversations spur from this trip in my life and those of the other folks going on the trip. Praise God.