Monday, January 31, 2011

Holey Pear

I'm sad. My pear this morning had a hole in it, which I didn't notice until a few minutes ago. I don't think it was there when I bought it as I inspect my fruits pretty thoroughly. And you may think "so what, it's a hole!" But I was scarred by a holey fruit back in high school...

One bright sunny summer day I was sitting in the loft with my mom eating a peach. There had been a hole in said peach, except I took little notice figuring it was damage through transport. Little did I know what would transpire in a few minutes...

I was eating the peach happily, enjoying the sweet juiciness. Then, to my great horror I looked down and saw...wait for it...

A WORM crawl out!!!!!

Ugh, I thought I would be sick. I immediately jumped up (and likely screamed), opened the door to the balcony and hurled the damaged fruit out the door while my mom looked on with confusion.

Therein lies why I no longer eat holey fruit. Sadly I only brought a pear this morning so will have to go downstairs to check-out the apples. Hopefully there will be one to my liking to fill the afternoon munchies.

Note: I fully recognize the hole likely does not mean a nasty worm crawled in, but I couldn't risk it. Especially since I don't have a knife and the plastic ones wouldn't do much good. Oh well...