Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Headaches Be Gone!

For the past few months I've increasingly suffered from headaches and dizziness. It started periodically and has since increased in frequency to where almost every day I have a bout of one or both. Seriously. Annoying.

I went to my doctor a few weeks ago, coming to the conclusion that it's probably not dehydration considering I drink about two liters of water a day. Alas, all the tests were normal so she chalked it up to tension headaches, migraines, or possibly a wrong eye prescription. I updated my eye prescription last spring, so thought that wouldn't be it. In the meantime, I've taken the tension headache medicine a few times, except it's not a permanent solution as a. it's too strong to take daily and b. makes me super sleepy (though I don't feel anything...).

Prior to starting the migraine medicine, I decided to get my eyes re-checked, this time not by the Target optometrist. The migraine medicine is pretty intense, so I first want to ensure there's not an easier solution.

I'm going to a new eye doctor tomorrow. He's an opthamalogist and is another Baylor doctor (I've had very good luck with those Baylor doctors!) so am really, really, REALLY hoping a new contacts/glasses prescription can rectify the whole headache/dizziness thing as I've lost all patience. He's a little on the pricey side in comparison to Target, but if it takes the pain away, it's worth it (still hoping my medical insurance will accept the charges since I'm having issues...we'll see).

Here's hoping I don't have another undiagnosable or incurable issue. If I do, I'll have to work through that. But in the meantime, I'm pleading with the Lord for healing. Though readying my heart to praise him regardless if it's not curable (via eyes or migraine medicine).