Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thaaaaanksgiving!!!!!

In 7 minutes I will be leaving the office and making the trek down to good ole San Antone. The weather will be warmer than I'd like, but I'll just pretend there's a nip in the air and dress accordingly. Regardless, I'm super duper excited to see my parents, who I haven't seen since MAY! And the rest of the fam of course.

I'm in charge of the table decorations which, although not on the level of Caryn fabulousness, I think will be festive. I'm also going to try my hand at learning my Mema's famous mashed potatoes and my mom's famous apple pie! Thankfully my mom will also be making a pie, otherwise we'd likely end up with a Friends-like incident. You know the one when Rachel screws up the trifle: "first there's a layer of lady fingers, then there's a layer of jam, then beef sauteed with peas and onions..." Hoping I don't somehow mix something crazy in the mashed potatoes...

So here's hoping you all have a gobbley good turkey day full of scrumptous food, people you love and who love you, and praises to the One who gave it all! I'll be sure to take pictures of my domesticated attempts!

And fingers crossed for no traffic for me...eek! :)