Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Fall!!

Goodbye summer and hello fall!! In case you weren't aware, today is the official first day of the greatest season of the whole year!! Although it's sadly still ridiculously hot, I thought I'd share a few pictures to bring in the essence of the season and get you in the mood.

The first two are from my favorite fall (and Christmas for that matter) destination, Williamsburg!

The second is a picture of the greatest fall drink; yes folks, it's BETTER than Pumpkin Spice Latte, I just can't get it anymore. It's Williamsburg's wassail that they begin selling in fall through Christmas. They always stuck a cinnamon stick in it, just adding to the loveliness. I found a recipe for it online while searching for a picture, so I'm going to try and see if I can whip it up! Won't be the same drinking here as opposed to strolling through the streets of Williamsburg, but I'll take what I can get.

These last two pictures are random places. I'm pretending the last one is of the Colonial Parkway in Virginia as I couldn't find a good picture of it. It actually does look similar except it's not an asphalt road.



I also have a deep affection for fall clothes, football, coats and scarves, the chill in the air, the slightly grey skies, the smells, pumpkins, the crunch of leaves, and pretty much everything you can attribute to the season. So bring on Billie Holliday crooning Autumn in New York, throw on your favorite scarf, grab a fall drink, and let's do a fall dance! Now if only the temperatures would listen...
What's your favorite part about fall?