Friday, June 18, 2010

Here's Lookin' at You Kid

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong generation and instead should have lived during the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s. Why, might you ask? Because...

I heart these shoes,
And these:
And think this outfit is fabulous (shoes included!): And love to scat along with them:And croon with him:
And sing along with her:
And watch movies like this:
With classy, fabulous actors like him:
And her:
And sing along with jazzy musicals like this (who wants to be a millionaire? I don't...):
And love art deco like this:
And this (a plus since it's my favorite place I've never been!):
And this, one of my most favorite buildings (also art deco):

I'm sure if I did live during this era I would not have appreciated it's fabulousness. So instead, I appreciate the vintageness of it all and embrace the history. And will continue to find ways to incorporate this into my modern life. Yay for history.