Monday, March 1, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That

Holy moly has it been ever so busy lately! Work, student ministry, life in general (aka car issues, which I will not talk about for my car is hopefully better...). As for work, we're down a person on one of my accounts which is SUPER active right now and the other has about five media plans going at one time. Not complaining as it's good to be busy during this economy, but certainly draining. Today I left feeling as though my brain were mush. Not good considering I have my Wednesday Morning Meeting presentation this week (for those who don't know, it's an internal presentation to the entire media group...kind of intimidating. Mine is about the new Middle America. Feeling better about it since my boss said it was very interesting).

For student ministry, we had Dtown last week, our annual in-town retreat. We had I think 16 girls (is it bad I can't remember with all the coming/going?). It was a strange Dtown in comparison with previous years. Partially due to my in-going attitude; it started smack dab in the middle of my car issues and I was car-less that weekend. But the girls were also very low key and we actually skipped the annual photo scavenger hunt to get Pinkberry and watch Clueless at the house. Hilarious to think the girls were babies when that movie came out! While deciding what movie to watch, Kristin (one of my co-leaders) and I were sitting in our bed playing Words with Friends...against each other. Yes, we're a little sad. :) I will say, the relaxed nature was nice and our host mom was so wonderful preparing yummy food for us! All in all, low key weekend. Still can't believe we only have one more Dtown...

On top of all the busyness, though, I have still found time to embrace my inner right brain (are you surprised?!?). Katie was gone this past weekend and I found myself with lots of alone time. So, in between working, I created two things that I am a little obsessed with. The first is for a friend's bachelorette party. I've gotten over the slinky lingerie-giving and instead prefer to give feminine, practical sleepwear. I was going for an Anthropologie feel here (again, surprised?!):


The second project will be revealed at a later date as it's for someone who reads this blog. I LOVE it, though, as it was something I designed completely and it actually turned out exactly as I envisioned! Not always the case with my mind.

With that, I must get back to rehearsing my presentation. If you happen to think of me Wednesday morning at 8am, say a little prayer! I'm sure it'll be fine, but you never know...