Thursday, December 10, 2009

Catch-up

I'm quickly having new things I want to post, so thought I'd do a little catch-up before those all flood in at once.


1. This is my new favorite picture of our community group (sans Caryn). It was taken at Stacy's birthday party last Thursday. The reason it's my favorite? Oh, after viewing it, Karla exclaimed "I look like her child!" It may not be funny to you, but Karla is the shortest one below and is in a group of tall girls (I think we all may be above the average height, too). And, she chose to stand in front of Katie, our tallest member, without shoes on. We had some great laughs at this one.

2. Pride and Prejudice. I LOVE the book and LOVE the Hollywood version (with Keira Knightley). Sarah has the six-hour BBC version and we decided since it was a nice cold day to watch it this past Saturday! The girls came over at 11 and Katie had cooked up a marvelous breakfast feast. We watched for a while (I missed about an hour and a half to get my hair cut), took a late lunch break, and finished the movie about 6:30, right in time for the Big XII championship game. I enjoyed the movie and thought it was definitely true to the book, but I will say, I still have an affection for the Hollywood one. All-in-all it was a splendid time with friends!

3. I am obsessed with the fact it's cold. Temperatures in the 30s are my favorite as it's cold, but not so much so where you can't feel anything (at least to me).

4. I'm almost done with all of my Christmas presents! I finished shopping for things this past weekend (I'm making most things, but purchased a few). I gave my first gift of the year yesterday and will be giving five more today! I'll start posting pictures of things once they've been given. Not to be braggy-sounding, but I think everything is turning out well!

5. We had our small group Christmas party last night. I didn't take a single picture, but it was fun as always. Our girls are hilarious, particularly Ally, Allie, and Kate last night. Sweet Cade joined us again this year; he is quite the little flirt. :)

6. And finally, I'm wearing purplish-pink tights today. I've always wanted to wear colored tights, but haven't branched out beyond brown. I don't know if it's all this embracing of my creativity or what, but I've definitely been more brave in fashion these days! Yay for the tights! :)