Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Can You Tell Me How to Get...

...how to get to Sesame Street!

Like many American kids, I grew up with the gang on Sesame Street. I have always had an affection for all of the cuddly Muppets, including the Fraggles, Muppets, Muppet Babies, etc. One of my favorite Christmas memories was watching the Muppet Family Christmas, in which all the puppet friends join together for an old fashion Christmas at Fozzie’s grandmother’s house. And the many other old school Muppet flicks.

Well, you may be aware that it is Sesame Street’s 40th birthday. One of my favorite avenues for the celebration has been Google’s daily Sesame Street-themed design on their homepage. So playful and fun, capturing the essence of the characters! Here are a few of my favorites (you can view all of them here):

Of the characters, Grover has always been my favorite, particularly Super Grover. My parents tell a story of when I was maybe 2 and shouted loudly during takeoff on an airplane “it’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Suuuuuuper Grover!” Apparently the folks sitting around us laughed and were thankfully not annoyed with my outburst.

Anyway, happy birthday Sesame Street! Thanks for entertaining and helping to teach me my ABCs, 123s, and how to share.