Monday, November 2, 2009

30 Days

So, after seeing Sarah's challenge to participate in the National Blogging Month and write a blog every day for the next 30 days, I was intrigued. I began to second-guess myself thinking I would definitely not succeed nor would my writings be interesting which is when I decided to take this challenge as well, and add onto it (more on that in a second). Side note: I find it quite hilarious there is a whole month devoted to blogging. Though I suppose it shouldn't surprise me since there are "holidays" such as National Talk Like a Pirate Day. Anyway...

Well, as you can see, I'm one day late, but alas! I'm not letting this day get the best of me so I'll just end on December 1st instead. As I said above, I added a few more challenges to this 30 days, which are of a more practical sense:

1. In times with God, focusing on his character, promises, and love for me. I am prayerful and confident this will help continue to shape my thinking and belief that he loves me and desires for me to know that. I'm not reading a particular book of the Bible, just editing my thinking as I read and pray

2. Establishing a real budget and sticking to it. I always know generally how much I have for this and that, but know a budget would help in many facets as I save, pay off things, and am generally a better steward of my gifts

3. Work out, ugh. No, I'm not planning to work out straight for 30 days, but committing to finding times and ways to add activity into my schedule

So that's it. No, my 30 days of blogging will not simply focus on these challenges. I'm not sure what they will entail; maybe I'll begin sharing some of my fictional stories and such that swim in my mind quite often (or not, been a long time since I shared that sort of writing). Or maybe I'll just post random thoughts of Sarah. In any case, I know it'll be interesting!

Happy blogging mateys!