Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Longhorns & Psalm

I promise eventually I'll have a greater frequency of "less serious" entries, though I suppose it's my blog and I can do what I want! :) In any case, I'll start today with a few thoughts on my beloved Longhorns and finish with a "psalm" to my true Beloved.

Hook 'em Horns! Though I'm still disappointed in the Big XII championship and Heisman outcomes and will be cheering loudly for the Gators come Thursday (well, in my head since we have small group!), I am thrilled we pulled ahead and took down the Buckeyes! I only saw the second half due to CR, but it was enough to make any good Longhorn fan nervous! The eyes of Texas are upon you...'till Gabriel blows his horn!

Okay, enough of that. This morning I was reading Psalm 5 and toward the end of my time, this song shuffled its way into my playlist. I hadn't listened to it in a while, but in reflecting on the words in conjunction with Psalm 5, realized it's somewhat a Psalm in itself.

I'd like to say I wrote it, but it's actually written by Kate Hurley and is called Tell Me. You'll notice in the last verse there is another line written in green. Kate sings all the black and in the last verse a male voice enters (he represents God's voice). It's actually sung lightly underneath her words and the song ends with one last word from God, while Kate is silent.

Confused? Then buy the song on iTunes and I promise it'll make sense. Here it goes...

Call me beautiful, I want to believe
Am I beautiful, when you see everything?
Can you call me beautiful, the weakest parts of me?
Am I beautiful, when I come out from hiding?
When I come out from hiding?

Cause on the outside it looks like I'm doing well
On the outside I seem fine
But I'm dying for someone to hold me close and tell me it's all right
Will you take off all my layered masks
Will you look upon my face
Will you tell me I'm beautiful
Will you love me all the way

Tell me that I'm beautiful until I believe
Even in your weakness, you are beautiful to me
Tell me that I'm beautiful until I believe
Even in your weakness, you are beautiful to me
Tell me that I'm beautiful until I believe
Even in your weakness, you are beautiful to me
Even in your weakness, you are beautiful to me