Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bonne Année!

Happy New Year! As many people do, I've been reflecting on 2008 and looking forward to 2009; below are some of my thoughts.

2008 Blessings & Surprises
  1. Community group! These girls are a tremendous blessing, and thanks to margarita therapy :), our group has embraced authenticity and truly spurs one another on in Christ. Though Kristin and Abby have moved on to new adventures, we gained two fabulous women; Jen and Caryn, our new leader. I am eager to see how God moves in 2009!
  2. My sweet small group girls. I love them dearly and am so thankful to share in their lives. Our January dating sleepover and end-of-freshman year "Raise the Group" were among our sweetest times together in 2008.
  3. Kristin and Lisa. The best co-leaders (or trifecta as Lisa coined us) I could ever imagine. I am infinitely grateful to be a part of their lives.
  4. My family. This fall especially has been difficult due to my aunt, Ulrike's excrutiating battle with cancer. In spite of this, I have seen everyone persevere, link arms, and seek God's face for strength and guidance.
  5. Switching onto the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center account. Since I started working at The Richards Group, I wanted to work on MDA. Now, it is especially meaningful.
  6. Having my first car "scrape/dent." This may sound odd, but I have prided myself on a perfect car "record." Though the scrape/dent isn't horrible and is completely fixable, I've learned a lot from that little indiscretion. :)
  7. Starting CR. Still in more of the surprise boat with this, but am trusting it will soon be a blessing. Though I'm a little overwhelmed to be starting inventory!
  8. Finding a doctor I like and trust.
  9. Getting an iPhone! I love it; such a blessing!
  10. Starting a blog! Ha!

2009 Goals...Not Resolutions :)

  1. Making it through the entire year of the Journey! I always try and peter out around April. This year, though, I'm excited about the books we're journeying through. And hope my new phone will help with reading the devos at home in the morning rather than on my computer at work.
  2. Along that same vein, having a consistent quiet time rather than my on again, off again tendencies when life gets busy.
  3. Working out consistently. I know, I know, everyone says this, but like I said, it's a goal.
  4. Finishing my inventory!
  5. Surrendering, continually.
  6. Sticking to an actual budget.

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure more will come up as the year progresses. Community group, I hereby give you complete permission to ask me about my progress on any of the above goals! Not that you need permission, but still. :)

Here's to a fabulous 2009!